Friday, December 17, 2021

[Chinese BL novel] 全娱乐圈都等我掉马 / The whole entertainment is waiting for me to fall

My short opinion after reading: God, it was tedious. And it was messily written.

In the short summary it is described as Xia Yun crossing to being a notorious black artist hidden in the snow. But our Xia Yun is a popular actor who earned a lot of fame, now he comes across and through a show where he should be a stepping stone for another artist from same company, but instead he started to reverse the black materials on him and people around started to uncover the high IQ and talents of this boy.

Now. Me bombing, since this is really written in a weird manner. There is no crossing the bottom line, it's just weirdly paced.

Now, why is it weird? Because simply I finished it and couldn't understand why the original and MC were mixed so much. MC is described to be a star who went from the bottom to the top. But when you hear the story of MC from the novel it's a boy who was maliciously mixed, then abandoned, then picked up by a lab for his high IQ, then, presumably, saved and brought up by an old professor, this professor died and his last wish was for MC to go to his biological mother and join family she re-married into. He joined entertainment (supposedly original owner) and was maliciously blackened by company for hype etc. He was hidden in snow for 2 years. MC comes back to entertainment for a purpose? Not explained and only later it is mentioned that he has an emotional outbursts through acting which he likes. You can't tell from his indifference described at the beginning, only later foreshadowing and revelation of his past is mentioned. He also does things in school so he can join the lab and find the evidence of why and what happened to the prof who brought him up who worked in this lab (which is the final part of the novel, it's so short and miserable). Parallel to this he slowly changes his image in people's eyes. And this is why I find it weird, MC is the one who mentioned of his crossing, but he is also the one with memories and also helps his professor who died.

Multi-talented or too OP. Well, I don't mind OP-ness, but in moderation. For example, in God of Knowledge by Casanovanic Bookworm MC has high IQ like a God, but his IQ is applied always in technology. Even if the world background may be around vampires, but MC defeats the vampire race with technology. This I find fascinated. I don't mind when MCs have system and they get help or it is described that they traveled for so long and absorbed so much wisdom etc, that it doesn't occur weird. Here MC can do ANYTHING. Starting from acting which he should be profound about, but then he draws like a god and people exaggerate about it, he composes songs and same happens here, he knows how to play several musical instruments, his fitness is great and he learns fast. His high IQ can be applied to anything basically. And most of all, his hacking skills are the best. And this part made me weird, I felt it was just.. too much? At first you often hear how great he is, but he doesn't care (only later you find out that it's because of those experiments that he thinks like that). But despite that many skills I don't know why I felt sparse in descriptions, as if author perfuncts you about it and then it just passes. This part of being shallow bothered me a lot, like I felt that despite so many chapters, so many descriptions, it felt like it concentrates on wrong things and it makes you feel how the story is shallow.

Villains and blackness. Honestly, all those who blacken MC at first they all sound too one-sided. It also felt weird since no one describes things that happened two years prior when MC just joined entertainment as black as possible, like he did something really wrong, while only things mentioned were just hyping with ML and that was done by company too. All villains are like brain-dead people who walk around proud before they get owned by MC, but not in a cool way, it just happens, sometimes MC finds something (hacker, remember?) or something like that and it passes. Same feeling of shallowness happens when other fans start to like MC, like I haven't seen a good reason for them to go wild but they do.

Relationship. What is the weirdest beginning ever is how ML offers to rent to MC, while also knowing he's the one who hyped with him two years prior. He just wants to use MC as a shield at first, but later falls in love. Still find it strange like they lived from the beginning. Also MC falls in love rather easily, at least accepts his feelings. Although ML fell first and he slowly boiled MC's feelings for him. Again sounds a bit shallow.

Anyway. I have no idea how I handled to finish it, even if I skipped a lot by the end. I was bored to death. I missed the good descriptions that involved some emotions, I missed the part where MC would be somehow explained or given feelings from the beginning instead of portraying him as indifferent. I just miss a lot of things in a novel that seems to include all walks of life and create some crazy mix, but not in a good sense. It doesn't cross any moral bottom lines, it doesn't have anything weird, but just couldn't grab my attention and awake my emotions, one of few times when I agree with initial low ratings for this novel. But I applaude my stupid self for persisting and not dropping, though I found a good novel right afterwards. At least I got some emotional compensation as a result.

RATE: 2/5 for attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment