Sunday, February 25, 2024

[Chinese BL novel] 我换攻后他疯了[娱乐圈] by 不见仙踪 / After I changed attack, my ex-partner went crazy

(title is mtl'd)
Summary: Qing Shusang followed Qin Siyan for three years and dropped his career and freedom of going outside for love. But three years pass and Qin Siyan still has the White Moonlight in his heart and for him Shusang is dispensable. Shusang got tired of such life and broke up with Siyan. Just few days later he finds himself married to a man by agreement with whom he only wanted to have a one-night stand.

I had no idea the contents would be so tired. Although Mr.Jiang you know is someone who ran to Shusang at the first call of knowing that he was free from the previous relationship, but the paranoid ML is tired. Siyan as the male second in the story who suddenly wakes up to feelings of love, while treating Shusang like shit for the last three years and starts going crazy is also tired. I haven't seen anything new about this story and unfortunately nothing about this novel stood out to me, like story-wise, dialogue-wise, nothing seemed interesting. And I'm impressed that I see high ratings on JJ, while I don't consider this even a good read.
Maybe this novel is just unlucky that I suddenly sumblimated in my feeling of being tired of such characters, but it was published in '22 and forgive me if I say it's kinda outdated to write this amount of paranoia.
I don't mind emotional outbursts, but they should be balanced and not blatantly so one-sided.

The story is basically can be shortened to this plotline, Shusang breaks up with Siyan, finds Mr.Jiang (Mr.Jiang finds him to be precise), they get married, Shusang re-enters entertainment industry with other "outdated" group members, they have a bit of career mention, not much, later they all participate in the show. I skipped a bit after that because I got tired and read the edning where Siyan can't help but kidnap Shusang in broad daylight, is caught easily and it's a happy ending. I can guess in the skipped part we find that the one who saved Shusang from car accident and also the mentioned senior, school god of knowledge, is our Mr.Jiang. So they are so destined.
But the charecterization really suffers.
It may be almost a repeat, but Mr.Jiang's paranoia sometimes is set off by his actions of admitting mistakes, he's honestly pretty thick-skinned and acts like a green tea after he's done something too much, mainly it concerns their bed life, so he acts cute and talks a lot, just so Shusang will forgive him being too active. After all Mr.Jiang can go off the rails with jealousy (really tired from this one too). Also he allows Shusang do anything to him if Shusang is angry, so it also kind of offsets what he does, but still it feels so-so, if this happens again and again.
There's nothing in portrayal to glimpse why exactly Mr.Jiang is so crazy about Shusang, it's mostly like personal preference I suppose, while I find little depth to Shusang's character. I could care less about his career, because it is mentioned in passing and even if the author tries to impress readers with scenes like stage performances, but except for "handsome" and "sexy" there is nothing to impress. I also kind of felt sorry for him because sometimes in bed Mr.Jiang felt like training him, as if we're in SM relationship. Do this, say that. Tired.
Same tired for Qin Siyan, whose only role is to look ugly-faced, appear to try and reconcile with Shusang, but still manage to simply act crazy and repulsive, being forceful and as if Shusang is his dog that will return. It's so one-dimensional and doesn't change throughout the novel that I kind of feel sorry that a character was simply created to be dragged along entire novel and of course end up behind bars for something outrageous. Tired.
I honestly wait for more mature writings or moves, like a person who wants to return things, but his only role is not drown in sadness, jealousy and paranoia, but to walk out of it. In such description I see that two relationships wouldn't be equal, but also the person can give himself a second chance after a failed love, they were just too late for this one. I don't know why people think writing some crazy dude who re-appears to spout nonsense and destroy their lives for failed love should be exciting. Yeah, he's portrayed as a scumbag and he is, but these stereotypes are so old.

Basically, I didn't like it. Flat storyline, tired stereotypes, nothing new.
RATE: 2/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment