Thursday, July 7, 2022

[Chinese BG novel] 戏精女配[快穿] / Female supporting actress

Novel back from 2018, authored by 池陌 is a world hopping type of novel. Although the novel has a lot of routines and, as I call them, almost obligatory plots/worlds, but since it's light-hearted it is easy to digest.

We start with our female lead who plays supporting roles in different worlds, her objective is to bring satisfaction to the wisher and fullfill their regrets. Yuanyuan is supported by a Melon-eating system that strives not only completion, but entertainment. It also provides one golden finger per world, which is very convenient, but Yuanyuan herself learns a lot of skills in every world. That's why I call these routines, because many authors practically wrote down such settings, other settings that are quite wide-spread are face-slapping plots, reaching pinnacle of success in the related chosen field, but also the "bad" guys end up pretty badly, but not only badly, it's really the miserable with all the getting in jail, being sick, impoverished etc.

About worlds. The good part is that most plots are moderns plots, but some plots I'd say I find weird and not up to my taste at all (e.g. like the ABO one, I rarely like these type of stories) or I don't agree with the chosen theme (I very much dislike when part of the plot is about non blood-related siblings, who basically grew up together, but then we find out that they're not related and it's all good but he's the target). Good thing such plots are in single digits. It doesn't mean that plots are bad, if we're talking about educated youth story in the '80s or entertainment themes etc. The plots and everything is put together quite nicely, sometimes I can really appreciate the fantasy of author to rule the plot out or use of some interesting plot points or situations. Every world Yuanyuan has some occupation that is either required, already exists or is chosen by her to reach success, for convenience etc. of course she is pretty good. But honestly it's pretty logical when it come to world hopping, you basically lived longer and have more wisdom and experience in many things, not to mention if you know the direction of the plot it also helps to deal with incoming disasters/villains.

One of the best parts, personally, is that unlike many world hopping novels I've read, almost every world has kids and it's always a big and happy family. I like such settings, I don't mind that some female leads in novels choose to not get kids or they have fun in life, but most of the time I see other FLs as scumbags with such settings, since they perfectly know the feelings of others, but they still leave, because they want to, so it makes their love or feelings sound cheap. Most f the time world hopping novels also don't have a ML. I kind of prefer novels with one instead. In this novel we get 1vs1, one male lead is same in every world, btw he is also her target in every world, and last few chapters uncover what and why (like who is Yuanyuan and why she traveled).

Basically, it's a leisure read for those who like the above-mentioned things. RATE: 3.5/5. Shaved for things I do not agree with, the rest of it was pretty fine to me.

PS: Now, I wanted to mention the settings that left me most interested by its idea. And that is (spoiler alert) The girl in the book. The settings kind of impressed me the most by the idea, supernatural vibes and that is the original host was actually put in the book, you can say that her soul was enclosed in the book and she basically was put on the shelf. The ones who did this were her current husband (who married her for convenience), her father's little three (who is a witch) and the daughter of this little three (the one who occupied her body and was in love with her husband since long ago). Father knew about these dealings too. Isn't it interesting? I find it so. Original host lived a protected life, she was aquainted with her husband soon and thought she'd be happy, who knew that her "perfect" father was raising a side-house all these years, but the daughter of little three was frail and was about to die, to get her a new body they set up this plan to occupy original host. I personally liked this arc, I've never seen something similar to this, so it felt fresh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment