Sep 6, 2026

[MANHWA] On your knees, Your Highness! (Season 1)

I forgot that this was over and I never posted a review about it.


Everyone dreams of knocking out their insufferable boss, but what if that boss is a war hero, a duke, and constantly breathing down your neck? For Chloe, enduring Curtis's relentless inspections was a daily struggle... Until a royal marriage decree offers her an unexpected way out.

One thing, it was too short. Not much actually happened during those 42 chapters. We meet our protagonists, we get to know them more during this time, their situations and relationship, since Chloe would love to deck her boss if given opportunity. But then a proposal of fake marriage changes everything.
This story has insufferable king you'd want to obliterate. He is the main pain in the ass I'd say. A good deal of chapters was actually spent on a conflict at the ball where Chloe was accused of selling a gift given by ambassador from some other country and she was defending herself. Tedious tbh that it took so long and after that just few chapters of possible emotional development, or awakening, before the season 1 was over.

I still would recommend this just to have a good time. I'm not a fan of 3D objects in manhwas that make every other one look similar or even borderline stupid (like even the crown on Chloe's head on the main page looks so bad it's incredible how they thought it looks good). But the original art and the humorous parts of it are worth the laugh. Chloe often makes faces, especially when she is unimpressed and it's hilarious, I think this type of story really wins with moments like that. Both protagonists are fun to follow and learn about them more, Chloe's unusual family, Curtis' unfavorable situation etc.

The only disappointing part that follows manhwas like a shadow is how long it takes between two seasons. It usually takes months and who knows what might happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment