Thank you gods of random recommended.
If I only knew that when you search for a lady detective, good murder mystery, great plot, great characters and amazing tension between two main leads this would have been a result. Problem is I never made a requiery. So I suppose the algorithm or the watchful eyes heard me gushing about the murder mystery + romance niche too many times and it gave me this present.
I had no idea such series existed, it's good that it comes at a right time, because I enjoyed it immensely! I'm ready to GUSH about it all night long!
EXCUSE ME! HELLO! EVRYBODY SHOULD WATCH IT!
A lady detective? Yes, please.
Phryne Fisher is an amazing character. So much strength, so much care. This is how you write a strong female lead. Aging gracefully she is a charmer, she has a rich history and loves her freedom. Phryne finds herself poking her nose into different cases then starts her own career as a lady detective. You will always find her on the cusp of danger, since she never stays idle.
An let's not forget detective inspector who learns that the best way is not to stop Phryne, she also has a way to get a lot of clues to solve the case.
And OMG THE TENSION. I can't even stress enough how great the chemistry between these two actors is. The acting, the small gestures, so good! I love how their character have this initial dislike, but they accept each other and then start to care and appreciate each other. With tease and such, but never crossing the line. Jack is the only man who still has the will not to succumb completely. This glorious yearning!
They managed to bring a perfect couple to life. When I talk chemistry I want to see something like theirs, when I say yearning, I want something like what they feed me. It's delicious.
It's the rare moment that you look at the characters and think - just kiss already! but at the same time you're not mad that they have such strong emotions for each other.
But despite it all, I love how they portrayed it. Came as a surprise that Jack was actually married, but separated from his wife (never appeared in S1), then mostly in the background we know he's getting a divorce, but I love this as a detail, because before it he ight never had plans for a divorce, unless his wife asked him, he's the type of guy who would follow what woman asks him. But I also see it as a sign that his heart is no longer with his wife as well and the most honest thing to do is to let go.
Another detail that comes across is how Phryne has several relationships, but at some point we don't see her with anyone again till the season ends. I wonder if it will become a norm or no later.
I love the writing of this series. I honesty do. Each character gets a slow development. Secondary characters matter, you care for the entire cast because they bring something to the table. Especially Dot who is most influenced by Miss Fisher, yet she and Hugh are the cutest couple. So much action but also emotion. A lot of show, don't cut corners.
And also I have no idea who worked behind the scenes, but they did such a great job at everything. The costumes, the settings, everything looks great.
Not to mention that actors themselves. Everyone plays their age, wow. I know it was a strange part to be surprised about, but imagine my shock when I see actors who don't have botox or plastic faces, no shining teeth that look unnatural. This should be a common thing for screen though! No one looks like they've been to a salon ffs. Should stop myself from going on a tangent.
Anyway, it's amazing, for those who love this type of story it's a perfect pick! 10/10!


No comments:
Post a Comment